Life Is Strange 2xDVD5 CUI v2 *By { Yener90 }+*UltraARC* By razor12911

houcine80
Conversion Designer
Conversion Designer

Life Is Strange 2xDVD5 CUI v2 *By { Yener90 }+*UltraARC* By razor12911

Postby houcine80 » 11 Nov 2015, 13:52

Life Is Strange 2xDVD5 CUI v2 *By { Yener90 }
thank you razor12911 for script editing and ( UltraARC )

1)- Install the Game And Download Attachment
2)- Move _CommonRedist folder from game's installed directory to (LIS_2)
2)- Run UltraARC.exe select game folder and press Compress
4)- we must test the game because I have not the game Thx :o

https://docs.google.com/uc?export=downl ... GE5Y0N1NVU

VollachR
"The Core" Team
"The Core" Team

Re: Life Is Strange 2xDVD5 CUI v2 *By { Yener90 }+*UltraARC* By razor12911

Postby VollachR » 29 Nov 2015, 13:02

Just got around to using your conversion, well, first thing it looks amazing... thing is, 2nd DVD with Redist is a slightly too big to fit on a DVD5 disc, might need a little stronger compression, not sure.

Also, Redist are not installed when Redist are on disc 2, I've taken a look at the code in Setup.exe of you conversion and it seems it is set to install Redist from the app folder, meaning {app}\_CommonRedist and not {src}\_CommonRedist, so in that case, there's no need to move _CommonRedist to LIS_2 folder like you described.

EDIT: OK, some conclusions and results...

1) _CommonRedist should not be moved to LIS_2 folder, it should remain in the game folder and get compressed with the rest of the files.

2) Compression is lacking, LIS_2 folder is slightly to big for a DVD5, about 20-80MB too big.

3) I'm testing a new compression of my own, so far it seems that, while slower to compress, the game can be compressed to 2xDVD5 and even have some space left on both DVDs using the following freearc compression command:

Code: Select all

arc a -ep1 -r -w.\ -msrep+lzma:a1:mfbt4:d256m:fb128:mc1000:lc8

And the following compressor settings for srep in arc.ini (or I guess config#.txt for UltraArc):

[External compressor:srep]
;options  = l%d (minimal match length, default=512)
header = 0
packcmd   = srep {options} -m3f -l512 -c256 -a4 $$arcdatafile$$.tmp $$arcpackedfile$$.tmp
unpackcmd = srep -d -s $$arcpackedfile$$.tmp $$arcdatafile$$.tmp

As can be seen, srep is using the -m3f compression, UltraArc is set by default for -m5f which is less effective it seems, here's the srep external compressor code from UltraArc:

[External compressor:srep]
header = 0
packcmd   = srep {options} -m5f $$arcdatafile$$.tmp $$arcpackedfile$$.tmp
unpackcmd = srep {options} -d -s - - <stdin> <stdout>

You can see the differences.

Further more, it can be done without any FreeArc split archives, unlike the way UltraArc compresses the game, I am willing to attach my file lists for the compression to prove it.

4) Reason for why 2nd DVD is too big with the UltraArc compression? well, either insufficient compression settings to begin with or the game have been updated since the conversion was made and gotten a little bigger.

That it, all I have to say about this matter, gonna test your conversion with my new compression to see if it works.
My Conversions
Total Conversion Count: 43
"The Balance provides. The Balance protects. Trust the Balance, and trust yourself." - Vestrum Tobias Grensret (The Longest Journey)
DVD9toDVD5 CIUv2 Wiki
UCC 4.1 - 9to5 Team Only

Exodius
Root
Root

Postby Exodius » 29 Nov 2015, 18:29

You can resolve the _CommonRedist size with DirectX Web Installer.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-EtG_ ... sp=sharing

VollachR
"The Core" Team
"The Core" Team

Postby VollachR » 29 Nov 2015, 22:02

No reason to do that, managed to compress it better so it fits 2 DVD5 discs and still leave some space without making the installation longer, maybe even shorter.
My Conversions
"The Balance provides. The Balance protects. Trust the Balance, and trust yourself." - Vestrum Tobias Grensret (The Longest Journey)
DVD9toDVD5 CIUv2 Wiki
UCC 4.1 - 9to5 Team Only

VollachR
"The Core" Team
"The Core" Team

Postby VollachR » 02 Dec 2015, 10:52

OK, been days since I successfully got this conversion to work with my own compression, for those who want it, here's a link to download houcine80's conversion with my own compression using a "Compress.bat" script instead of UltraARC, so it fits 2xDVDs with some extra space left.

And no, it doesn't make the installation longer, maybe even shorter, the following link includes all you need for the conversion to work perfectly, even an edited records.ini that seems to be required for some reason (game won't install without the file present).

LifeIsStrange2xDVD5CompressBATVersion.rar (Google Drive)
http://goo.gl/d9QyWa?gdriveurl
My Conversions
DVD9toDVD5 CIUv2 Wiki
UCC 4.1 - 9to5 Team Only

Return to “Games released in 2015”