CIUv2 public version

Everything and anything related to the use of CIU.
KaktoR
"The Core" Team
"The Core" Team

Re: CIUv2 public version

Postby KaktoR » 27 May 2016, 13:16

KaktoR wrote:Something wrong here.

Using compiler.exe for compiling a game, move
Setup.exe
Setup.bin
Setup.ini
Setup-1*.bin to folder 1

and Setup-2*.bin to folder 2

Now a message pops up "Please insert disc 2".

After i click "Cancel" another error pops up "Internal Error: ExtractTemporaryFile: The file "pckr.dll" was not found."

Anyone can confirm this?
Haters gonna hate!

KaktoR
"The Core" Team
"The Core" Team

Postby KaktoR » 28 May 2016, 13:25

So here is a bug list

- If create Setup.bin, UnInstall.bin will not be deleted after uninstallation. It remains in game folder.

- PACK GAME feature: 1. Select External and create Setup.bin. 2. Select External and Pack Game, choose Game dir, compression and capacity, then click "Create Setup.exe". After game is packed, a message pops up "Please insert Disc x" (depends on how many Setup-x.bin's are created). Setup will always choose the last bin file. No matter if i delete whole [ExtractSettings], error will remain. Second error after closing the Setup "Internal Error: ExtractTemporaryFile: The file "pckr.dll" was not found."

- Compiler: Create Setup.exe. Create Setup.exe once again without closing compiler -> Error message *click this image*. Then close the compiler -> Error message *click this image*.

- Sometimes various buttons will be visivle in SmallInstaller (if i remember correct, there was same bug in the past with random appearing buttons in Installer window even if this buttons were disabled (e.g. Music button)). Read here viewtopic.php?p=911#p911

- With beta 5, Setup loading a few seconds (when SmallInstaller appears). It seems that Setup is freezings a few seconds (i have tested only with Setup.bin).
Haters gonna hate!

her1620
Conversion Designer
Conversion Designer

Postby her1620 » 29 May 2016, 01:22

one more bug: the left, top, and size logo´s functions dont work

BAMsE
Root
Root

Postby BAMsE » 29 May 2016, 21:59

Hi guyz, thanx for testing - I don't have much time last days to visit forum, coding and testing.
Anyway try to fix some problems...

@her1620
Logo positioning/sizing works fine on my side. Didn't you forgot to save setup.ini and/or recompile setup.exe?

@KaktoR
I can't get bug with non deleted Uninstall.bin, however can add some lines to force deletion together with Uninstall.exe.
Seems that only way to fix pckr.dll error is to leave it next to Setup.exe (not included into) - will try it.
Many weeks ago, when I was on Win7 (plus Windows Loader :P), I got the error after recreating Setup.exe too. Also my PC was rebooted occasionally (probably due to stability issues after OC). But now on Win10 (genuine) the error gone as well as random reboots. Simultaneously with OS changing I changed MB BIOS due to lack of Xenon microcodes. So I think this error is caused by CPU/RAM stability issues (maybe caused by genuineness emulation).
What about buttons - I've found Next button leaking to the Smallinstaller (as her1620 reports) and Extras button leaking to Finish page. Both can be fixed.
What you mean saying "Setup loading a few seconds"? Some delay between clicking Install button and appearing the fullscreen background?
Last edited by BAMsE on 29 May 2016, 22:49, edited 1 time in total.

KaktoR
"The Core" Team
"The Core" Team

Postby KaktoR » 29 May 2016, 22:42

Thanks for the reply. I can try about the recreate error on my laptop (there win7 is genuine). I'm on Win10, i don't have any hardware overclocked. Bios is up to date.

Yes, exactly like that. This issue was never happened before (i guess since beta 4 or 5). I don't have other betas anymore so i can't test this. That was one reason i asked on SB for an older beta. I've have turned FW and AV off - still hapens :D
Haters gonna hate!

KaktoR
"The Core" Team
"The Core" Team

Postby KaktoR » 30 May 2016, 07:45

Some suggestions:

- UCS: Can you update arc.exe to latest version? Something corious. I managed to compress a game with m1 (manual compression) down to 3,9gb, while UCS with "method=1" to 4,6gb. What's wrong there? ::D

- Let's say we have a game released both on Steam and GOG/UPlay/Origin. I'd like to see a checkbox (or something) on installer so the user can decide to install the game for Steam or GOG/UPlay/Origin. Means, when i will install a Steam game (without any regkeys) then i uncheck GOG/UPlay/Origin so the installer don't write any reg's from Registry.iss. Is that possible in a way?
Haters gonna hate!

her1620
Conversion Designer
Conversion Designer

Postby her1620 » 31 May 2016, 03:21

@BAMSE PLEASE ADD this

Installer(1-4)_pl
installer(1-4)_cz
installer(1-4)_for each language

beacuse now the setup.exe only load the firts png for the rest languages, like installer1_cz.png, and dont change to the rest installer(2-4)_cz.png, or more easy add logo_setup for each language

and

SmallInstaller for each language

BAMsE
Root
Root

Postby BAMsE » 01 Jun 2016, 18:55

Yep, it's i plans, but as I said, don't have time atm. Sorry.

KaktoR
"The Core" Team
"The Core" Team

Postby KaktoR » 01 Jun 2016, 19:52

No problem bro, we will wait :lol:
Haters gonna hate!

KaktoR
"The Core" Team
"The Core" Team

Postby KaktoR » 13 Jun 2016, 12:25

BAMsE wrote:What you mean saying "Setup loading a few seconds"? Some delay between clicking Install button and appearing the fullscreen background?

Some further testing...

Windows error reporting gets insane cpu usage after small installer with background pics appear.

I have tested also with last script version "InstallerScript 160226.iss" -> No problems. All other versions back to 2.0.3.6 also no problems.
Haters gonna hate!

Return to “CIU Info Repository”